Friday, July 11, 2008

there's a big blog world out there...

It just seemed like the right thing to do- go away on a trip so you sign up for a blogspot, email all your friends the addy, and then write. Write about your thoughts, your dreams, your comings and goings, your new friends, your life. And yet now as I find myself on the brink of this new blogworld, I'm starting to have cold feet about it all. Parusing on the massive network of other people's blogspots has made me somewhat whelmed. (Not quite overwhelmed yet, cause I'm still here, attempting to do this, right?) Everyone's posts seem so deep, so thoughtprovoking, so humorous, so clever. How did they make it so colorful and where did that music come from??What if the only thing that I can think to talk about is how much I enjoy my kashi cereal in the morning and how putting on a fresh pair of white ankle socks is one of my favorite things? What if my attempts at humour are pitiful and the best part of my blog is when I say "that's all for now.." ?? Yep, bein a blogger comes with some risks. And so for all you serious bloggers out there, I say "Well done" to you. I greatly admire your blogspots and I have probably poured over a few of them myself, getting whelmed and wondering if I can make it in this big blog world...
So here I go with this...I can't promise anything too fascinating or brilliant and if you want a good laugh, you should prob check out Nic Olson's blog cause he is one funny guy...but if you want, I'll do my best and share a lil bit of Aussie life with you as I head down under...
"That's all for now."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Don't compare yourself to others, for there will always be greater and lesser than yourself." ~Desiderata
Blog-on, Jody. Be you. You is the one I like.

Footer