Thursday, July 9, 2009

Back home.

"We must hide our unholiness in the wounds of Christ as Moses hid himself in the cleft of the rock while the glory of God passed by. We must take refuge from God in God. Above all, we must believe that God sees us perfect in His Son while he disciplines and chastens and purges us so that we may be partakers of His holiness." A.W. Tozer

I know that I must preach the gospel to myself everyday.
I must see my deep depravity- and let it drive me to humility, drive me to worship of Him who gave us undeserved mercy and grace.
I must believe that the cross of Christ is the work of justification and propitiation for me. The cross alone. I must believe God loves me enough to see past it all and comfort me despite the ugliness of my sin.
I must believe that My Jesus stands before the Lord, interceding on behalf of my wretched soul, showing the blood He shed to present me pure and blameless and shining with the radiance of the beautiful righteousness of Christ, God in the flesh.
I must see that the discipline of the Lord is a sure pledge of His love for me for He would not be moved to chastise those who are not His.
And I must fix my eyes on the end, in the midst of pain and struggle and discipline, because the Lord's discipline brings us to fear Him, to walk in holiness and godliness and see the fruit that righteousness brings.

I know that I must preach the gospel to myself everyday.
I must preach the gospel to myself everyday.

No comments:

Footer