Sunday, August 31, 2008

Surf 101


It's Sunday night and I am salt-saturated, sun burnt, wind burnt, sore all over, bruised in random places, exhausted and...thoroughly satisfied. I just got home from my first adventure in the Indian ocean on the back of a surf board. I went for a two day trip up north to a little town called Lancelin that is known for their good learn-to-surf waves. Along with 11 other random people, all students or travellers, I had two 6 hour days of learning all about surfing. From safety to water etiquette to getting up on the board to turning, the hours flew by and it was a ton of fun. Our instructors were a few hardcore surfers who are pretty much as Aussie as you can get! Check out some pics below of the action.



Our knowledgeable instructor, Rob. Learning the basics
The surf shack







No comments:

Footer