Monday, March 2, 2009

Turning in Faith to Him

The upcoming thoughts of graduating from college have produced a lot of different things within me: excitement, anxiety, violent outbursts, fear, joy, sweating blood....there's been a pretty good range of emotions that have played themselves out over the past month or two. The reality of the current economy and my somewhat "complicated" scenario of being an alien in a foreign land (literally) have given me enough reason to feel some stress and pressure for the future. Yet, as in all things, the infinite character of our God continues to comfort me through the ups and downs of uncertainties. Really, what is our life but continual opportunity upon opportunity to be sanctified, to seek to glorify our LORD and to declare His love to the nations?? I know that no matter how uptight this US of America is about letting a little Canadian stick around, no matter how bleak the economy looks, no matter how many doors are closed along the way, I am in the hands of an Almighty God who seeks the good of His people (I have to remember that His "good" is often not the same as my own projections of "good"...but it ends up being much better in the end!)

A.W. Tozer slammed some truth down that really spoke to me:

To believe actively that our Heavenly Father constantly spreads around us providential circumstances that work for our present good and our everlasting well-being brings to the soul a veritable benediction. Most of us go through life praying a little, planning a little, jockeying for position, hoping but never quite certain of anything, and always secretly afraid that we will miss the way. This is a tragic waste of truth and never gives rest to the heart. There is a better way. It is to repudiate our own wisdom and take instead the infinite wisdom of God. Our insistence upon seeing ahead is natural enough, but it is a real hindrance to our spiritual progress. God has charged Himself with full responsibility for our eternal happiness and stands ready to take over the management of our lives the moment we turn in faith to Him. Here is His promise: "And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

5 comments:

Jody Lee said...

I just snapped my finger.
Love your words because they are based in the Word.

Jody Lee said...

that wasn't jody lee that posted...
it was her far superior, piggy, perfect, perky roommate.

Jody Lee said...

Mal, get your own blogger account

jacksonsmom said...

Wow Jody! I love your posts. You have a wonderful way of applying God's word to your life. You Rock, girl!

Jill Slywka said...

Glad you're back within the blog world, Jody! I like reading your thoughts. I can especially identify with this post, as I too ponder what lies next for me. There are uncertainities for sure, but I can trust that He who makes all plans has one in mind for me, as I know He does for you too!

Footer